Key West, FL
- Single Family
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Size: 1,254 Sq. Ft.
- Lot Size: 1,692 Sq. Ft.
- Year Built: 1933
A storybook cottage perfectly renovated for discerning tastes. Tucked away on a secluded, charming lane in Old Town, 923 Angela is one of the historic Conch cottages that make Key West famous.
Almost three years ago, when we first saw this delightful cottage, this is what we said:
- Although a successful buyer could move in and not lift a finger, this house has such great bones that you’d be hard-pressed not to engage an architect and contractor to transform it into a historic showstopper.
- Let’s create a massive master retreat on the second floor. We’ll add a cutting-edge, designer bathroom and steps to the rooftop deck. We’ll build in additional storage and create a sitting area and office under the huge side windows. And, we’ll still have room for a king-size bed and all the accessories.
- We’ll reconfigure the downstairs bedroom and bathroom into a guest suite that doubles as a relaxing indoor-outdoor living area opening onto the covered lanai and niche garden.
- While we’re on the lanai, we’ll remove the cistern and put in a wonderful pool with a water feature and freshen the landscaping with low-maintenance, drought tolerate native plants and palms.
Today, the just completed renovation of 923 Angela fulfills its promise as a “historic showstopper.” The possibilities from three years ago — and more — have been incorporated to create a breathtaking home.
- Two bedrooms and two full baths, including an expansive upstairs master retreat with a walkout to the sweet, tree-top roof deck.
- Brilliant, dappled natural light plays across the interior’s historic Dade County pine walls and restored floors.
- A new, high-end kitchen and dining area provide a superb entertaining space.
- The second bedroom, which could easily become a guest suite or office opens onto the new pool and landscaped courtyard with its touch-of-whimsy outdoor shower.
With its perfect front porch for sunset views and consistent, cooling breezes, this home offers casual Key West living in a storybook setting. Located in the X flood zone.
|Home size||1,254 sq ft|
|Lot Size||1,742 sqft|
|Days on Market||57|
Tucked away on one of Old Town's secluded, charming lanes, this storybook cottage is perfectly located so that you can bike or walk to everything that make Key West famous. Two bedrooms and two full baths, including an expansive upstairs master retreat with a walkout to a sweet, tree-top roof deck and a cozy office nook. Natural light plays across the interior's historic Dade County pine walls and restored floors, while a new updated kitchen and dining area provide a superb entertaining space. The second bedroom/den opens onto the new pool and landscaped courtyard with its touch-of-whimsy outdoor shower. A perfect front porch for relaxing in the cooling breeze. This home offers casual Key West living in a peaceful setting. Located in the X flood zone.
Property Type(s): Single Family
|Last Updated||7/25/2017||Tract||Old Town - Unrecord (1.0)|
|Year Built||1933||Community||01 - Key West|
|Appliances||Dishwasher, Dryer, Oven, Range, Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Appl, Washer|
|Exterior||Fruit Tree(s), Landscape Lighting, Outdoor Shower|
|Interior||Built-in Cabinets, Dade County Pine, Granite Counter Top, Sky Light(s), Storage, Window Treatments|
|LotDescription||Less Than 1/4 Acre|
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Listed with Berkshire Hathaway Knight & Gardner Realty (KW)
Agent(s) for this listing